Foundation Youth Centre
Foundation Youth Centre
We are so excited to launch our FOUNDATION YOUTH CENTRE!
The primary purpose of the youth centre will be to invest in the lives of every young person in Millbourne by providing holistic care, mentoring relationships, a safe community to belong to, and opportunities to explore their POTENTIAL and discover HOPE.
We believe that when young people are allowed to explore their own unique potential, they will discover hope - hope for a positive FUTURE for themselves and their communities.
Features of the Foundation Youth Centre:
- A gymnasium for basketball, floor hockey, soccer and other sports.
- A recording studio for music to be created and performed. (Yes, its true!)
- A full stage with audio visual components for musical performances both by youth from the Centre and from beyond our walls.
- A cafe that will serve coffee, snacks, and some food items.
- Kitchen where we will serve hot meals at least once/ week to all of the students.
- Homework stations where students can get tutoring help.
- Connections to job fairs and employers to help the older students get work.
- The opportunity to play more competitive basketball at another facility in Mill Woods.
- Space to learn and practice the arts
- A large team of passionate young adult and adult volunteers ready and willing to pour into the lives of these youth. Some of these leaders will be from the community.
How will the Foundation Youth Centre help the community?
The most important thing to note is that our Centre is more than just a building. It is so much more than that. It is much more than the proverbial saying from Field of Dreams “build it and they will come.” This is about flooding a community with the light. The building is just a conduit for that light.
- We create a productive and positive environment for young people to be involved with from the time they are 12-18.
- We will be partnering with many local organizations who already have a vested interest in the lives of these young people so that together we can maximize their potential for them to be all that God has created them to be.
- We will work with the families of these youth to become a resource to them and help assist them in any way that we can.
- We will teach the gospel in relevant ways.
- We will help lift some of the burdens of poverty that exist in this community by offering programs and activities that many of these students would never have a chance to take part in.
- We will create a safe place for any young person to come and just be.
- We will create an environment for young people to explore Christianity without judgement or pressure.
- We will offer hope by surrounding students with a loving team of supporting young adult mentors. Our youth will always have someone to talk to.
- They will have the opportunity to unleash their creative genius!
- We will promote healthy activity by encouraging physical activity.
Manager of FOUNDATION Youth Centre